In his book, The Energy Bus, Jon Gordon shares his thoughts on ten rules he suggests that great leaders should follow to bring energy to their life, work and those whom they serve. In these rules, we find the call for personal ownership, vision, passion, enthusiasm, purpose and caring, a life in which every moment is filled with radiant positive energy – the source of energy, initiative and happiness.
10 RULES FOR THE RIDE OF YOUR LIFE
- You’re the driver of your bus.
- Desire, vision, and focus move your bus in the right direction.
- Fuel your ride with positive energy.
- Invite people on your bus and share your vision for the road ahead.
- Don’t waste your energy on those who don’t get on your bus.
- Post a sign that says “No Energy Vampires Allowed” on your bus.
- Enthusiasm attracts more passengers and energizes them during the ride.
- Love your passengers.
- Drive with purpose.
- Have fun and enjoy the ride.
Aristotle wrote: “The energy of the mind is the essence of life.” May we add to his words: “The energy of the heart is the essence of happiness.” Let us remember the wise counsel from Confucius: “Wherever you go, go with all your heart.” Fill your life with positive energy. Have the ride of your life… and have fun doing it.
Have a beautiful day and a magnificent week!!!